Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Drive to AZ: St Louis to OKC

So it's been over 6 months since we first departed MI on our way to AZ, what better time to get caught up, right?

The next leg of our trip was driving from St. Louis to Oklahoma City. Again we would be staying with a family we had never met, but had offered us a place to stay for the night. And this family also were the ones that arranged our stay in St. Louis since they themselves had recently lived there and knew people. In OKC we stayed with the oldest child of a family that Jon and I had grown up with. To make things a little more comfortable, upon arrival I was surprised to see that one of the other "children" is the family, one I had known since he was around my age, was there visiting as well.

I suppose they call this area of the country the "plains states" for a reason. Driving along I-40 was, to be honest, a bit dull...beautiful, but dull.


This picture reminded Jon and I of The Amazing Race!
Entering Oklahoma:


On a funny note, while staying at our overnight accommodations Jon received a phone call for an interview for a job in Texas. We actually were really interested in the area of Texas that was calling but seeing as we were half way to AZ he had to turn it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment