Monday, June 21, 2010

Emotional Roller Coaster Ride

Ever since Thursday when Jon found out he was called back we've been in a complete whirlwind. We decided to stay put in Michigan. More money, benefits, family, no big expensive move, it all just seemed so right to stay. Yesterday, Father's Day, we told everyone we were staying. I canceled the moving truck, contacted our AZ realtor and our MI realtor and told them both the move was off, and started planning things we could do all summer now that we were staying.

And then (remember this is a roller coaster) Jon's principal in Arizona called back after Jon left a message last week. Jon told him he had been called back here and was turning down the job in Arizona only to have the principal say he had a job for me as well. Jon hung up and told me and all I could do was cry. Had we made the wrong decision by staying? All I could think about was how we would now have job stability and the financial security if we moved to Arizona.

I had Jon call back principal and at least find out more about the position they had for me. I quickly dried my eyes and was handed the phone. They had a teacher resign due to finding a job in Hawaii (where we we for that job posting, lol) and they now had a Kindergarten job available. We talked for a few minutes, I asked a few questions and then asked for 24 hours to make a decision.

So that is where we are at at the moment. By tomorrow we have to call principal and give a solid yes or no answer. We have pretty much decided we will be going to Arizona, just want a night to sleep on it.

2 comments:

  1. May God put your hearts and Minds at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm am so happy for you and Jon! I'm so glad that everything seems to be falling in to place like it should!

    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete