Sunday, June 27, 2010

Moving Day is Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow is the BIG day. It is starting to really hit me and I am feeling a bit sad. I hate that we are basically walking away from our house. It was supposed to be an investment, now it is listed for nearly $100,000 less than we owe on it as a short sale. This is where we brought home our sweet babies and made so many memories. This is the first place we have really been able to get settled in, living here for 5 years. We always said it would be a five year house but after the economy crashed we resigned to staying here for a long time, never thinking we would have to leave like this.

It is on to a new adventure and a completely different life. I'm not sure I am ready for this. I think Jon said it best, Bjorklunds just don't make big moves like this. He lived in the same town until he went to college (2 hours away), in the same house for 17 of those years before moving a couple miles to a different house in the same town. His brother lives one city away from where they grew up. We were the crazy ones who moved 30 minutes away. And now we are moving 2,000 miles away. It's an even scarier move than when my dad got transfer from New Jersey to Michigan when I was 11, at least that is just a "short" one day drive. We are taking 4 days to get to Arizona.

So we load the truck tomorrow. Then we head to St Louis for the night. Then from there Oklahoma City, Albuquerque, then on to Phoenix. See you on July 1st!

1 comment:

  1. I guess by your next post you'll officially be out of Michigan! I am so excited for you to start this new adventure! I can honestly say that I know how you feel about the loss of your MI house(we just got our first offer for $25,000!!!). But I really feel as though moving out of state was the best move we could have made. Financial AND job security, better schools, better neighborhoods. Not to mention the wonder it has done for our marriage. We were close before, but moving out of state where you don't know anyone makes you lean on eachother that much more. We have become 10x closer since leaving MI. I wish you guys all the luck in the world. I know that once you arrive and start to settle in you'll know what a great choice you made. Keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete