Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Never smooth sailing

So apparently things can never go perfectly. We are still going, we are both employed (well I will be officially after I sign my contract tomorrow) but I have no idea what I will be teaching. Our principal called today after I accepted the position to teach Kindergarten and said he was told enrollment isn't high enough for a 4th section of Kindy yet but it should get there and I will be teaching Kindy as planned. But in the even that it doesn't happen they have another position, a new program they are offering at the school that has been successful in other schools in the district. Basically it is for students who are being labeled as having emotional issues but not officially EI. It would be a 3 to 1 student to teacher ratio. While I am not certified special ed (and that doesn't seem to be a problem for this job) one of my field experiences in college was at a school specifically for EI students so I do have limited experience in that area. Contract will be faxed tomorrow so I can sign it.

No comments:

Post a Comment